Are you planning a Las Vegas ceremony and reception and just not sure how to go about choosing the best wedding flowers for your special day? No problem, Lakeside Weddings & Events can help! We have assisted thousands of happy couples land the best flowers that fit not only their style, but also their budget. Most couples view flowers as the 2nd most essential element of a wedding, with the dress coming in at number one. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of essential tips for choosing wedding flowers that are right for you and your Las Vegas wedding!
- 1 Choose the Best Wedding Flowers for Your Big Day
- 2 Lakeside Weddings & Events Can Help You Plan Your Dream Wedding
- 3 Helpful Resources for Planning a Wedding Near Downtown Vegas
- 4 We Hope You Now Have a Better Idea of How to Choose Flowers that are Perfect for Your Wedding Day!
Choose the Best Wedding Flowers for Your Big Day
It goes without saying that a wedding day, to many couples, is the most exciting day of their lives. With that said, everything must be spot-on perfect! This especially includes your wedding flowers. The right flowers can really dress up your Las Vegas wedding ceremony site, making it picture-perfect, as well as have the ability to really wow your guest. Additionally, let’s not forget about the all-important wedding bouquet and reception table centerpieces. So much to think about…don’t worry, we have you covered. This post will simplify your wedding flower search so you can have the most beautiful Las Vegas dream wedding, adorned with flowers that are best for you and your wedding goals. Let’s get started so you can check wedding flowers off your wedding “to-do” list:
How Much of Your Wedding Budget Can be Allocated Towards Flowers?
Before you can start your wedding flower quest, you have to first determine your overall wedding budget, and how much of that can be directed towards your flowers. Once you know how much money you have to play with, you will then be able to move forward with all your flower options. For instance, some flowers are more expensive than others, some come with accessories like ribbons, vases, and then there is the quantity. Keep in mind that seasonal flowers tend to be more affordable.
You will be happy to hear that Lakeside Weddings & Events offers generous floral credits with all of their wedding packages. This can alleviate some of the pressure on spending additional money on your flowers. However, if you want to go all out by adding some amazing floral upgrades, check out some of what’s offered by this exceptional Las Vegas florist that works with Lakeside Weddings & Events:
- Bridal Bouquet Flowers – $74.99-$154.99
- Reception Venue Flowers – $44.95-$134.95
- Freesia Flower Wedding Cake – $217.95
- Charming Ring Bearer’s Pillow – $69.95
What Aspects of Your Las Vegas Wedding Will Require Flowers?
There are so many creative ways to use flowers at your wedding, just ask the team at Lakeside Weddings & Events, they deal in flowers every day, and therefore know just how much of an impact flowers can have on a venue – from their gorgeous appearance to their lovely fragrance, they can really make an event unforgettable.
If you need a little inspiration, you can look through wedding magazines, it’s not only fun, but will give you some incredible ideas. The most popular magazines for wedding inspiration are The Knot, Town & Country Weddings, The Bridal Guide, Brides, Premier Bride, and Martha Steward Weddings. These resources will give you more than enough ideas on how to put flowers to use at your wedding!
For now, let’s take a look at the most common uses of wedding flowers that are utilized in a wedding ceremony, as well as the reception:
Typical Flower Usage at a Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony
- The bridal bouquet has carefully chosen flowers – It’s really the most important use of them.
- The bridesmaid’s bouquets – slightly smaller than the brides, but filled with exceptional flowers.
- The groom’s boutonnière, along with his groomsmen.
- Brides may choose to place flowers in their hair.
- You often see flower petals along the wedding aisle for the grand entrance.
- Many grace archways and gazebos with a variety of flowers, as well as ivy.
- You can use flowers to decorate your guest’s chairs.
- The wedding altar is normally dressed up with flower arrangements.
Typical Flower Usage at a Las Vegas Wedding Reception
- Flowers are often set up in our Las Vegas reception hall entranceway.
- If there is a welcome table where a guest book normally sits, or where guests can leave their presents, this is a great place to add a touch of colorful flowers.
- The head table or sweetheart table typically has flower petals sprinkled about, or an exceptional flower centerpiece.
- The guest tables almost always include flower centerpieces.
- Many couples choose to use flower decor to make their cake look elegant.
- Some brides who participate in the bouquet toss don’t want to part with their original wedding bouquet. When this is the case, their florist can create a replacement bouquet that they can toss during this time-honored tradition.
What Type of Flowers Should You Feature at Your Wedding?
Deciding what flowers to feature at your Las Vegas wedding can be a fun and pleasant part of the wedding planning. You may even already have your favorite flowers in mind. Before settling on those favorites, you may want to consider a few things first. This is where your personal preferences really come into play. With that in mind, there are hundreds of flower choices, so how will you decide which are best for your special day?
You can break it all down into categories to help you narrow down your selections:
Colors: Many couples must have their flowers match their wedding color palette, and it makes perfect sense. If your wedding color scheme is an elegant shade of red along with white, then bright pink and yellow flowers just won’t do. In this case, it might be obvious that red and white flowers are best, or an off white.
Style/Theme: If your Las Vegas wedding will sport a certain theme or style, it would be wise to select flowers that support the overall look you’re going for. For instance, if your wedding dress and other decor have more of a rustic look, you may want to consider muted colored flowers, dried roses, and sprigs.
Seasonality: You may want to see what type of flowers are in season. This is because seasonal flowers are not only more cost-effective, but they also look appropriate for the date your wedding will take place on. Have a look at what flowers may be seasonal for your wedding date:
- Spring: Garden Rose, Tulips, Lily, Hydrangea, Peony, Gardenia, Sweet Pea
- Summer: Freesia, Lily, Forget-Me-Nots, Chrysanthemum, Roses
- Fall: Aster, Marigold, Zinnia, Chrysanthemum, Statice
- Winter: Lily, daffodil, Jasmine, Poinsettia, Star Gazer, Camellias
Finding the Perfect Wedding Florist in Las Vegas
One of the most important things you can do is to find a florist with an impeccable reputation for providing wedding flowers. This is your big day and you only have one chance to get it right. You won’t want to be handed your wedding bouquet the morning of your wedding to find that it’s not up to par. Or, walk into the reception venue only to find the centerpieces are less than impressive. You want to be surrounded by flowers that will impress your guests, dress up your affair, and add a touch of beauty to your wedding. With this in mind, landing the perfect florist is essential.
Lakeside weddings & Events works with Flowers at Lakeside. They have been successfully meeting the needs of the brides and grooms who have utilized our Las Vegas wedding venue over the years. Flowers at Lakeside is located near downtown Vegas in the Desert Shores Area of Summerlin. Their floral team can meet with you for a consultation to address your needs, and set a plan to provide you with wedding flowers that will create a beautiful atmosphere. Take a sneak peek at some of their work by visiting our wedding gallery page.
Lakeside Weddings & Events Can Help You Plan Your Dream Wedding
If you are currently planning your big day, we recommend using a full-service Las Vegas wedding venue. You may have come to realize already that when planning a wedding yourself, it can be a large project, with many details – big and small, to take care of. You will have lots of research to do, follow-up on phone calls and messages, as well as make many decisions. For some, this can take away from the joy and fun of the wedding planning.
There is a solution that will bring the joy back into your wedding; it’s using a full-service wedding venue, such as Lakeside Weddings & Events, who will take care of every single detail for you, and guide you every step of the way. This is what we do on a daily basis, and we are considered experts in the industry.
When a full-service Las Vegas wedding venue takes care of the details for you, you’re left with more free time to focus on other things, like shopping for a wedding dress or searching for inspiration for that perfect hairstyle. Our venue can take care of all the essentials such as provide a fabulous ceremony site, wedding music, and a DJ/emcee for the reception. We also have a lovely bridal suite, include flowers in our packages, have top-notch wedding planners, ceremony witnesses, as well as a Las Vegas wedding photographer. This is just a shortlist of what we offer you. We’re guessing that after seeing this list, you have decided you want someone to take care of all these details for you.
If you want to jumpstart the planning ideas, we put together this article on wedding planning tips that might be helpful.
Check out a few of our Las Vegas wedding package pages for even more inspiration:
- All-Inclusive Las Vegas Wedding Packages
- Indoor Las Vegas Wedding Chapel Packages
- Outdoor Las Vegas Wedding Packages
- Wedding Ceremony Only Packages
- Wedding Reception Only Packages
- Gazebo Ceremony Packages
- Fabulous Las Vegas Lake Wedding Packages
Helpful Resources for Planning a Wedding Near Downtown Vegas
So now you have your flowers all figured out, right? With that checked off your list, you can now start looking into other aspects of your Las Vegas ceremony and reception. For instance, did you remember to apply for your marriage license? Or, maybe you need to decide what type of music to feature at your wedding. To set you on the right path, we have put together a list of helpful resources that can guide you with these questions, and more:
- On a strict budget? No need to worry, we offer exceptional wedding specials!
- If you can’t decide between a DJ or live music, check out this post on the topic.
- Don’t forget about taking care of your Las Vegas marriage license!
- Just starting out and not sure how much a wedding costs? This post explains it all.
We Hope You Now Have a Better Idea of How to Choose Flowers that are Perfect for Your Wedding Day!
We know there are a lot of deciding factors when it comes to selecting flowers that will work perfectly with your wedding goals. From color choices to what’s in season, to finding the best Las Vegas wedding florist; it can all be a bit confusing. So we hope that our post has cleared up some of this for you so you can move forward with filling your wedding ceremony and reception spaces with exceptional flowers! If you have any questions regarding this topic, or you’re interested in having us host your wedding, contact our Las Vegas wedding venue, we would be happy to assist you! But before you go, make sure to take a look at our Awards & Reviews page to get inspired as to how we can make your wedding dreams come true.