There is a wedding planning secret out there that will provide you with a stunning and romantic ceremony. What is it, you ask? It’s a Las Vegas sunset wedding. This type of wedding is often overlooked because it’s so common to just plan a morning or afternoon ceremony. But for those brides and grooms who realize the wonderful benefits of having a sunset wedding, they are able to create a magical atmosphere, filled with beautiful and vibrant colors. There are also other advantages of having a golden hour ceremony that make everything come together to form a perfect wedding day. Let’s take a look to see what a sunset wedding can offer you and your guests!
- 1 What Makes Las Vegas Sunset Wedding so Special
- 2 Lakeside Weddings & Events Commonly Asked Questions
- 3 Additional Wedding Planning Resources
- 4 Plan an Unforgettable Las Vegas Sunset Ceremony at Lakeside Weddings & Events!
What Makes Las Vegas Sunset Wedding so Special
Without even going into detail, just the phrase “sunset wedding” says it all. It can bring about images of beautiful sunsets that we have seen in our lifetime. In addition to this, some sunset snapshots are so exceptional that most share them on social media. With that in mind, imagine transferring this to your wedding day. You and your loved one, standing at the altar with gorgeous colors filling the scenery, making for the most romantic moment you could ever hope for. Also, you will find that having a Las Vegas sunset wedding makes for outstanding professional photography sessions, allows for more time to prepare for your ceremony, and more.
Lakeside Weddings & Events performs sunset weddings on a weekly basis, and can say, without a doubt, that the happy couple is always thankful they opted for this time of day to tie the knot. Let’s get into the details of what makes a Las Vegas sunset wedding so very special:
Sunset Ceremonies Provide Stunning Wedding Photography Opportunities
When it comes to wedding photography, a professional photographer is a must. An experienced photographer will know how to set up perfect lighting, which can be one of the most important elements. However, with a Las Vegas sunset wedding, you get the best of both worlds – A professional photographer and the ultimate wedding lighting that is already set up for you naturally.
Sunsets create lighting and colors that are so outstanding that they can’t even be replicated if you tried. Nothing compares to the natural beauty of the sun setting. It produces colors of orange, red, yellow, pink, purple, gold, and more. It also creates a soft glow, with no harsh lighting visible. Imagine these colors being reflected onto the lake that sparkles right behind the bride and groom – it can be so beautiful that it’s beyond words.
Photographers can really use this to their advantage to create sensational images. This all sets the stage for the best wedding photography you could ever hope for, especially if you plan to have a sunset gazebo wedding. It will provide you with incredible photos that will keep the memory alive of your “once in a lifetime wedding” to the one you love. It’s recommended that you read through our latest article on why it’s essential to use a professional photographer for your wedding.
Creates a Truly Romantic Atmosphere
Most couples want their wedding day to be the most romantic day of their lives. This can be arranged if you plan a Las Vegas sunset wedding. The scenery and lighting that occur when the sun is setting can make for a romantic fairytale-type scene, and your guests will be in awe of the romantic atmosphere that will surround you as you say your I DOs. Additionally, each sunset is unique; no two are alike, making your ceremony a one of a kind. All ceremonies are romantic, but golden hour weddings kick the romance up to the highest level with their slow dimming rays of light and magnificent colors. This particular lighting looks especially romantic when having a Lake Wedding. The breathtaking colors reflect onto the lake, creating a scene from a romantic movie.
At Lakeside Weddings & Events, we have seen our fair share of perfect sunset weddings and the outstanding effect it has on the overall look and feel of the ceremony. So, if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact our wedding directors, they can be a helpful resource. For those who want to take the romance up a notch, add romantic flowers to your ceremony. You can learn more about which type of flowers would be best for your wedding with our latest post on how to choose the perfect flowers for your Las Vegas wedding.
Indoor Chapel Sunset Ceremonies Offer Breathtaking Views
Most Las Vegas indoor chapels don’t provide fabulous sunset views, but the Lakeview Chapel at Lakeside Weddings & Events does. They have a unique and truly beautiful wedding chapel that provides the bride and groom, along with the guests, indoor comfort with breathtaking outdoor views. This is possible because the chapel was designed with floor to ceiling large glass windows that face Lake Jacqueline. Along with this, there are glass doors at the front of the chapel that open up to this gorgeous lake, and where the bride and groom can step outside, and say their I DO’s at the edge of the lake. It’s close enough so that the guests can remain seated comfortably inside the chapel, as they watch the sunset cast unbelievable colors all around the loving couple.
If having a Las Vegas chapel sunset wedding sounds like something you would like to look into, read our Lakeview Chapel packages page for more information.
Let’s take a look at a summary of what you can look forward:
- Beautiful large glass windows that allow for amazing Las Vegas sunset views.
- Wide-open glass doors right in front of the altar showcase garden and Lake views.
- Option to perform the ceremony outdoors on the edge of the lake while guests remain seated in the chapel.
- Exquisite chandeliers add an elegant atmosphere to your Las Vegas wedding.
- The Lakeview Chapel will have chairs and other items conveniently set up before the ceremony.
- Wedding music will be played as you walk down the aisle.
- Access to the Bridal Room before the ceremony.
- Wedding consultants will assist you with anything needed to make your special day as perfect as possible.
- A licensed minister will be available to perform your ceremony (fees paid directly to minister).
- Use of a professional photographer with the option to purchase photo packages.
- You will be provided with floral credits to use as you see fit.
- Ceremony witnesses are available, if needed.
If you have your heart set on a sunset ceremony, don’t forget to look into the details of the reception to follow. You can do this by viewing our All-Inclusive Las Vegas Evening Wedding Packages page. Or, if you have already booked your reception elsewhere, read the full details of our Ceremony-Only Packages, along with our Reception Hall information page.
Las Vegas Sunset Weddings Give You and Your Guests More Pre Ceremony Time
Besides having the most romantic ceremony with unbelievable colors that make for unforgettable moments, you will also have more time to get ready for your ceremony when you opt for a sunset wedding.
Although morning and afternoon weddings are fine, some brides and grooms really appreciate the extra time allotted when getting married during sunset hours. This can take away some of the stress that goes along with getting ready on the final day. It will even allow for some relaxing or fun moments with the bridal party, and immediate family members. Plus, if something were to go wrong, you will have that additional time to make it right.
Your wedding day is supposed to be the most important, most wonderful day of your life, so giving yourself that extra time will make it that much better. In addition to this, your guests will appreciate more time also. This is especially true when they are driving long distances, or have to check into a hotel before the wedding. It really does provide a more relaxed atmosphere where everyone can enjoy your Las Vegas sunset wedding to the fullest.
Lakeside Weddings & Events Commonly Asked Questions
Sunset ceremonies hosted by Lakeside Weddings & Events can be quite spectacular. Our Las Vegas wedding venue is situated perfectly to catch the ultimate beauty of each sunset that takes place. The golden rays touch every aspect of our venue, reflecting sensational colors all around the bride and groom, and their guests. Since our venue has had so much experience with golden hour weddings, we can answer all your questions pertaining to the subject. Below you will find our top three questions that are asked regarding sunset weddings:
1. What’s the best time to start a Las Vegas sunset ceremony?
If you are planning a last-minute wedding, determining the time the sun will set will be simple. You can just take a look at a detailed weather website, and it will let you know the exact time. But if you’re planning a wedding way in advance, you will have to take a few extra steps. If this is the case, there are online resources that will help you calculate the time the sun will set, even a year in advance. One such resource is the NOAA Solar Calculator. You can also reach out to our wedding staff to ask for advice on perfect sunset ceremony times.
Here are a few guidelines to follow when it comes to sunset wedding times:
- Start your Las Vegas ceremony 15 to 30 minutes before the sun sets.
- Keep in mind that the sun will start to set at various times depending upon the season your wedding takes place.
- Plan to have some photos shot immediately after the ceremony to catch the last glimpses of the dimming sunlight and colors.
2. Should my guests dress warmer for an evening sunset wedding?
Las Vegas actually has perfect sunset weather. During this time of day, it’s not too hot or too cool; it’s typically very comfortable weather. Although, if you’re getting married in the winter months, it may be a bit cooler where guests may need to dress warmer. However, if you’re planning an indoor chapel sunset wedding, even in the winter, your guests will experience the comfort of indoor climates while still being able to enjoy terrific lake, garden, and sunset views. Also, if you’re planning on inviting more than 50 guests, it would be a good idea to read our article titled – Las Vegas Wedding for 50 Guests or More.
3. What can I do to make sure a Las Vegas sunset ceremony is right for me?
This is a great question because if you do certain things to confirm that a sunset wedding is right for you, then you will not worry, or second guess yourself during the course of your wedding planning. Here are a few things you can do to ensure that a golden hour ceremony is what you should be planning:
- If possible, visit the venue you are booking during sunset hours. This will give you an idea of what your wedding day will hold for you if going down that path. Lakeside Weddings & Events would be happy to have you stop by to check out the venue any day of the week.
- Do a search for Las Vegas sunset wedding photography. You will then see the experiences of other brides and grooms who booked a sunset ceremony. You will also have a chance to see just how beautiful this type of wedding can really be.
- Research the pros and cons of sunset ceremonies to see if any of the cons are a deal-breaker for you. From our experience, we haven’t seen any cons that are worth ditching the concept of having a fabulous sunset wedding.
Additional Wedding Planning Resources
Whether you want to plan a Las Vegas sunset wedding, or even book a sunrise wedding, we have plenty of resources to help you along the way. From information on hairstyles to marriage license, we are here to help. Have a look through the following links to get some helpful wedding planning ideas and tips:
- Thinking about wearing your hair up, get some ideas from this updo ceremony hairstyle post.
- If you’re wondering how much a Las Vegas sunset wedding will cost, view this article that covers pricing.
- For those who have booked their ceremony elsewhere, this Reception-Only Packages page might be helpful.
- Get some ideas about how to plan the perfect ceremony.
- Want more details regarding indoor chapels in Las Vegas, read our post on the topic!
- Find out all you need to know about obtaining your marriage license.
- If you’re not sure if a DJ or live band is best for your reception, take a look at these pros and cons.
Plan an Unforgettable Las Vegas Sunset Ceremony at Lakeside Weddings & Events!
Our professional and experienced staff are here to help you plan your once in a lifetime sunset wedding. Lakeside Weddings & Events has years of experience helping brides and grooms make their dream weddings come true, and host golden hour ceremonies on a weekly basis. We invite you to contact our wedding venue so we can start the planning process with you. We can help you plan every detail, take the stress out of planning, and make it an enjoyable process. You really can’t go wrong when having a romantic Las Vegas sunset wedding at Lakeside Weddings & Events!